The mammalian cells’ objective is to produce therapeutic proteins through genetic engineering and vaccines through viral infection; thus, it is the core of biomanufacturing viral vaccines and therapeutic proteins. Traditionally, mammalian cell culture involves the manufacturing of recombinant proteins used in therapeutic areas. For instance, patients with Gaucher’s disease can be treated with Cerezyme, a recombinant enzyme produced in mammalian cells.
Earlier, the cells were derived from animals, mainly from mammals like rodents and humans, that played a vital role in producing biologics. Moreover, cells were the host for producing proteins in protein therapeutics production. Biologics include vaccines & protein to treat various diseases, including genetic disorders, cancer, and others. Currently, the production of mammalian cells has improved due to focusing on primary considerations such as speed, cost & safety measures in downstream and upstream manufacturing to produce more effective drugs.
Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells and mouse myeloma cells, including Sp2/0 cells and NS0 are the most widely used host mammalian cells.
• Mammalian Cells in Protein Production: The protein production in considerable capacity and quality are the two essential requirements that can add a progressive increase in the application of mammalian cells for protein production. The mammalian cells possess wide-ranging post-translational modification machinery that comprises the ability to produce mature proteins through proteolytic processing.
• Advancements In Biotechnology: In the biotechnology field, the growing advancements have facilitated and lifted the production of mammalian cells production for various applications, including diagnostic reagents, therapeutic drugs, and basic life science research.
• Rise in Vaccine Production
• Innovative Technologies Accelerating the Scale-Up of Cell Lines
• Increasing Risk of Pandemics and Communicable Diseases
• Geography: Asia Pacific is a very lucrative market for mammalian cells production since it holds almost XX of the overall market with a growth rate of XX% PA. Affordability, increase in chronic diseases, push for growing research-oriented programs, growing applications in genetics & therapeutics, etc. are some of the reasons why this region is seeing huge increase in the mammalian cells production market.
Many companies in APAC are exploring an increase in approvals and exports to the EU and the US. Some recent updates include the following:
• In August 2019, a France-based Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB) has launched its new services for mammalian cell bank manufacture under GMP conditions.
• Merck KGaA has launched of the EX-CELL Advanced HD Perfusion Medium, in May 2017 to expand its manufacturing flexibility and enabling higher productivity
Companies covered in this section include Lonza, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Co., Selexis SA, Sartorius AG, GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, Corning Incorporated, ATCC and WuXi AppTec
Mammalian Cell Production Market can be segmented into the following:
• Reagents & Media
• Accessories & Consumables
• Drug Discovery
• Toxicity Testing
• Tissue Engineering
By Production Type
Africa and Middle East
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
To get a copy of Table of Contents (ToC), Report Blue Print or Sample Copy please Click HERE
To get a copy of List of Deliverables please share your requirements HERE
We offer customized reports as per our customers requirements. This covers a 360 degree deliverable scope study such as:
This section covers very brief quick reports as a scale down version of original Market Research report. You may be any of the following:
Please don’t worry and write to us HERE
For any other discussion such as related to various reports, future business requirements, feasibility discussion, etc. Or for talk to our sales team executive please feel free to reach out to us HERE