Monoclonal antibodies (mAb or moAb) are laboratory-produced proteins or identical immunoglobulins that act like human antibodies in the immune system. The mAbs can mimic the immune system during the attack on cancer cells. These antibodies are specifically designed to link specific antigens that are more numerous on the surface of the cancer cells rather than healthy cells because of the capability of making copies in the lab. In 1986, the first monoclonal antibody Orthoclone OKT3 (muromonab-CD3), was approved for preventing kidney transplant rejection.
Apart from cancer treatment, the monoclonal antibodies are used in several areas, including rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, Crohn’s disease, psoriasis, transplant rejection, and several more conditions.
• Growing Advancements: The growing advancements, such as conjugated monoclonal antibodies and bispecific monoclonal antibodies, boost the monoclonal antibodies’ market growth. Conjugated mAbs are combined with a radioactive particle or a chemotherapy drug and delivers the toxic substance on the most needed spot. Bispecific mAbs are capable of attaching two different proteins at the same time. For instance, blinatumomab (Blincyto) is used to treat several types of leukemia. One part of Blincyto attaches to the CD19 protein, located on some leukemia-lymphoma cells, and another one attaches to CD3. This protein is found on immune cells called T cells.
• Growing R&D Activities: An extensive increasing R&D activities are being conducted by various academic research centres and government institutions worldwide to deal with exponentially rising patient pool and discover new approaches of treatment to enhance the effectiveness of current treatment therapy.
• Increasing Prevalence of Cancer Cases: Cancer is one of the leading factors causes of mortality worldwide. A growing number of therapeutics coupled with massive investments for cancer drug developments are projected to drive the market growth. As per the study conducted by the American Cancer Society (ACS), approx. 1,735,350 new cancer cases were diagnosed in the US in 2018. According to a study published by the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 9.6 million deaths were caused by cancer worldwide in 2018. Thus, increasing cancer cases helps to upsurge the growth of the monoclonal antibody market in the coming years.
• Geography: Asia Pacific is a very lucrative market for monoclonal antibody since it holds almost XX of the overall market with a growth rate of XX% PA. Affordability, increasing prevalence of cancer, push for growing research-oriented programs, growing applications in therapeutics, etc. are some of the reasons why this region is seeing huge increase in the monoclonal antibody market.
Many companies in APAC are exploring an increase in approvals and exports to the EU and the US. Some recent updates include the following:
• In July 2020, Monjuvi (tafasitamab-cxix) was approved by the FDA in a combination with lenalidomide for the treatment of adult patients with refractory or relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
• A France-based company, Sanofi has received an FDA approval for its Sarclisa (isatuximab-irfc) in combination with dexamethasone (pom-dex) and pomalidomide for the treatment of adults with relapsed refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM).
Companies covered in this section include Lonza, GenScript, Merck & Co., Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, 7TM Antibodies, NOVOPROTEIN SCIENTIFIC INC., BPS Bioscience, Inc., Crown Bioscience Inc., REPROCELL USA Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., ABBOTT, Bayer AG, Eli Lilly and Company, AstraZeneca, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED., Amgen Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc. and, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Monoclonal Antibody Market can be segmented into the following:
• In Vivo
• In Vitro
• Autoimmune Diseases
• Inflammatory Diseases
• Infectious Diseases
• Microbial Diseases
By End User
• Research Institutes
Africa and Middle East
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
To get a copy of Table of Contents (ToC), Report Blue Print or Sample Copy please Click HERE
To get a copy of List of Deliverables please share your requirements HERE
We offer customized reports as per our customers requirements. This covers a 360 degree deliverable scope study such as:
This section covers very brief quick reports as a scale down version of original Market Research report. You may be any of the following:
Please don’t worry and write to us HERE
For any other discussion such as related to various reports, future business requirements, feasibility discussion, etc. Or for talk to our sales team executive please feel free to reach out to us HERE