Oligonucleotide synthesis is the chemical synthesis of nucleic acids with a specified chemical sequence in various sizes. The method is used for several applications under the life science research and medicine research. Earlier, the companies followed the typical traditional way of oligonucleotide synthesis, carried out manually on solid or in the liquid phase supported by glass columns, kitted with porous filters. The traditional method was not much successful as it failed to obtain the desired outcome. Currently, owing to the growing advancements in the modern solid phase-based synthesis technologies, oligonucleotide synthesis is carried out automatically via computer-controlled instruments, which is commercially available in column and multi-well formats. The oligonucleotide synthesis allows rapid and low-cost access to custom-made oligonucleotides of the desired sequence that makes it exceptionally useful in the current laboratory practices.
• Rising Government Initiatives & and R&D Expenditure in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
• Custom DNA Oligos Synthesis Services : Several market players are focusing on providing synthesis services, which are based on desirable specifications with responsive quality control, and quick turnaround for use in a variety of applications, including gene detection, cloning, PCR, and sequencing.
• Rise in Venture Capital Investments : Over the years, the exponential growth in the field of genomics and advanced technologies in biotechnology have created immense potential for synthetic biology to transform medicine and life science research. Recently, several start-ups are achieving greater traction with growing interest from investors and venture capitalists. For instance, a SAN FRANCISCO-based company, Twist Bioscience Corporation, which is engaged in accelerating science and innovation through rapid, and high-quality DNA synthesis, has raised an additional $27 million in venture financing, in March 2017. Moreover, in March 2020, a UK-based Evonetix has announced its Series B funding, in which the company has raised $30 million US$ (£23 million GBP) that was headed by Foresite Capital.
• Increasing Use of Synthesized Oligos in Molecular Diagnostics and Clinical Applications: The oligonucleotides can be used in IVD applications and molecular diagnostics testing to detect the risks, monitor diseases, and determine the best appropriate therapies for each individual patient.
• Geography: Asia Pacific is a very lucrative market for oligonucleotide synthesis since it holds almost XX of the overall market with a growth rate of XX% PA. Affordability, increase in chronic diseases, push for growing research-oriented programs, growing applications in genetics & therapeutics, etc. are some of the reasons why this region is seeing huge increase in the oligonucleotide synthesis market.
Many companies in APAC are exploring an increase in approvals and exports to the EU and the US. Some recent updates include the following:
• Twist Bioscience has launched its long oligonucleotides, or oligos, product line, in July 2019. It is the longest commercial oligo in length, at up to 300 bases, or nucleotides.
• LGC Genomics Ltd. has launched two new products to support oligonucleotide synthesis, namely triplex and ethyl phosphoramidites.
Companies covered in this section include Danaher, Merck KGaA, Eurofins Scientific SE, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, GeneDesign Inc., Kaneka Eurogentec S.A. and, LGC Biosearch Technologies
Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market can be segmented into the following:
• Synthesized Oligos
⋅ Oligonucleotide-based Drugs
⋅ Intermediate-scale Synthesized Oligos
⋅ Large-scale Synthesized Oligos
⋅ Linkers & Adaptors
• Predesigned Oligos
• Custom Oligos
• Therapeutic Applications
⋅ DNA & Antisense Oligonucleotide-based Therapies
⋅ RNAi Oligonucleotide-based Therapies
⋅ CpG Oligonucleotide-based Therapies
• Diagnostic Applications
• Research Applications
By End User
• Diagnostic Laboratories
• Academic Research Institutes
• Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Africa and Middle East
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
To get a copy of Table of Contents (ToC), Report Blue Print or Sample Copy please Click HERE
To get a copy of List of Deliverables please share your requirements HERE
We offer customized reports as per our customers requirements. This covers a 360 degree deliverable scope study such as:
This section covers very brief quick reports as a scale down version of original Market Research report. You may be any of the following:
Please don’t worry and write to us HERE
For any other discussion such as related to various reports, future business requirements, feasibility discussion, etc. Or for talk to our sales team executive please feel free to reach out to us HERE