Recombinant protein is an engineered form of a natural protein, produced in several approaches to modifying gene sequences, increasing the production of proteins, and manufacturing useful commercial products. Recombinant proteins are generally used to produce antibodies & enzymes for disease treatment, pharmaceutical products, protein-based polymers for drug delivery, protein scaffolds for tissue engineering, and among others. This manipulated protein is not only used in biomedical research but also utilized in food production, agriculture, and bioengineering and treatment, like drugs. In the clinic, recombinant proteins include recombinant hormones (interleukins & interferons), tumor necrosis factors, growth factors, blood clotting factors, enzymes & thrombolytic drugs for treating major diseases such as diabetes, dwarfism, congestive heart failure, multiple sclerosis, neutropenia, anemia, hepatitis, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, Crohn’s disease, cancer therapies, and others.
Recombinant human insulin was the first recombinant protein used in the treatment, in 1982, and since, the RP industry is rapidly growing.
• Recombinant Proteins For Biotherapeutics : Several human diseases, namely hemophilia, cancer, diabetes, infectious diseases, and anemia, are related to the dysfunction of specific proteins for providing therapy treatments. Majorly RP vaccines are approved vaccines by FDA is the Hepatitis B vaccine for the prevention of the infection by the Hepatitis B virus. For clinical purposes, more than 130 RP vaccines are approved by FDA, and 170 RP vaccines are produced in medicine till the date, worldwide. Currently, most big pharma companies are focusing on developing RP as drugs, and hence, the industry is growing significantly.
• Advancements In Biotechnology : In the biotechnology field, the growing advancements have facilitated and lifted the production of recombinant proteins for various applications, including diagnostic reagents, therapeutic drugs, and basic life science research.
• Role of Recombinant Proteins in Biomedical Research : Recombinant proteins played a vital role in understanding the protein-protein interactions, which is a crucial section of cellular processes. Currently, RP microarrays are becoming widespread in examining protein-protein interactions. The method is more prevalent in scientists in the study of the protein interactions, with other peptides or proteins, small molecules, enzymes, lipids, and nucleic acids. Thus, owing to the factors mentioned above, the recombinant proteins help to upsurge more opportunities in biomedical research.
• Geography: Asia Pacific is a very lucrative market for recombinant proteins since it holds almost XX of the overall market with a growth rate of XX% PA. Affordability, increase in chronic diseases, push for growing research-oriented programs, growing applications in genetics & therapeutics, etc. are some of the reasons why this region is seeing huge increase in the recombinant proteins market.
Many companies in APAC are exploring an increase in approvals and exports to the EU and the US. Some recent updates include the following:
• In July 2020, a Bengaluru-based biotechnology company Richcore LifeSciences has expanded its manufacturing capabilities by building its second recombinant protein manufacturing facility in Tumkur, Karnataka.
• LakePharma, Inc., a US-based biologics CRDMO has launched GMP manufacturing of recombinant proteins and antibodies with TunaCHO and CHO-GSN platforms at Hayward, California facility, in April 2019.
Companies covered in this section include Lonza, GenScript, Merck & Co., Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, 7TM Antibodies, NOVOPROTEIN SCIENTIFIC INC., BPS Bioscience, Inc., Crown Bioscience Inc., REPROCELL USA Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Recombinant Proteins Market can be segmented into the following:
• Plasma Protein Factor
• Growth Factors
• Recombinant Metabolic Enzymes
By Production Type
• Drug Discovery & Development
• Biopharmaceutical Production
By End User
• Biopharmaceutical Companies
• Contract Research Organization
• Academic & Research Institutes
Africa and Middle East
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
To get a copy of Table of Contents (ToC), Report Blue Print or Sample Copy please Click HERE
To get a copy of List of Deliverables please share your requirements HERE
We offer customized reports as per our customers requirements. This covers a 360 degree deliverable scope study such as:
This section covers very brief quick reports as a scale down version of original Market Research report. You may be any of the following:
Please don’t worry and write to us HERE
For any other discussion such as related to various reports, future business requirements, feasibility discussion, etc. Or for talk to our sales team executive please feel free to reach out to us HERE