Vitamin D deficiency includes common manifestations such as proximal muscle weakness, symmetric low back pain, muscle aches, and throbbing bone pain generated with pressure over the tibia or sternum. The goal of vitamin D therapy is to regulate the vitamin D levels to relieve symptoms and also lower down the risk of fractures, falls, and other health adverse conditions. Vitamin D therapy includes prescription drugs or over-the-counter drugs such as oral ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) at 50,000 IU per week for eight weeks. After getting the standard vitamin D levels, doctors or health practitioners recommend dietary and supplemental sources for maintenance dosages of cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) at 800 to 1,000 IU per day.
• Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases: Due to the increasing prevalence of osteoporosis, it is considered a serious public threat across the globe. According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation (2017), nearly 200 million people were suffered from this disease worldwide. In the United States and in Europe, almost 30% of all postmenopausal women have osteoporosis globally.
• Increasing R&D Spending by Pharmaceutical Companies: Rising R&D spending by pharmaceutical companies has grown over the years. According to a report of Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), the R&D expenditure of biopharmaceutical companies has increased from US$ 49.6 billion in 2012 to US$ 58.8 billion in 2015. Thus, the vitamin D therapy market is expected to grow during the forecast period significantly.
• Growing Ageing Population: Greying population is more susceptible to osteoporosis, muscle weakness, and other conditions. Vitamin D supplements prevent treat and prevent common co-morbidities in the elder population effectively. As per the statistics portal, the number of people over the age of 65 years in France has increased more significantly, and it has grown approximately to 2.43 million, which is approximately near to 12.6% in 2017. Moreover, according to the data available on the U.S. Department of Commerce, Japan has at least 20% of the workforce aged 65 years and above. Due to a greater number of geriatric populaces, there is an increased rate in muscle weakness, autoimmune disorders, skin diseases, and other conditions. Thus, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the vitamin D therapy market is anticipated to significantly grow in the coming years.
• Geography: Asia Pacific is a very lucrative market for vitamin D therapy since it holds almost XX of the overall market with a growth rate of XX% PA. Affordability, rise in awareness about vitamin D deficiency, increase in the target patient population, aging population, and sedentary lifestyles, etc. are some of the reasons why this region is seeing huge increase in the vitamin D therapy market. Moreover, the growing domestic market and its pipelines are further opening up new avenues for the vitamin D therapy market in the APAC.
Many companies in APAC are exploring an increase in approvals and exports to the EU and the US. Some recent updates include the following:
• In June 2016, OPKO Health, Inc. has received an FDA approval for its new drug application for RAYALDEE to Treat Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Associated with Vitamin D Insufficiency in Stage 3-4 Chronic Kidney Disease.
• In September 2019, Novo Nordisk has received an FDA approval for Rybelsus (semaglutide), the first GLP-1 analog treatment available in a pill for adults with type 2 diabetes.
• In August 2020, Strides Pharma UK, a part of Strides Pharma Global has launched its colecalciferol range that comes in 800, 3200 and 20,000 IU soft gel capsule form, which is one of the cheapest listed licensed colecalciferol brand in the UK.
Companies covered in this section include Abbott, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Cadila Healthcare Ltd., Merck KGaA, Sanofi, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., and Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Vitamin D Therapy Market can be segmented into the following:
By Purchasing Pattern
• Prescription Drugs
• Over-The-Counter Drugs
By Age Group
• Senior Adults
• Muscle Weakness
• Autoimmune Disorders
• Skin Diseases
• Other Applications
Africa and Middle East
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
To get a copy of Table of Contents (ToC), Report Blue Print or Sample Copy please Click HERE
To get a copy of List of Deliverables please share your requirements HERE
We offer customized reports as per our customers requirements. This covers a 360 degree deliverable scope study such as:
This section covers very brief quick reports as a scale down version of original Market Research report. You may be any of the following:
Please don’t worry and write to us HERE
For any other discussion such as related to various reports, future business requirements, feasibility discussion, etc. Or for talk to our sales team executive please feel free to reach out to us HERE